01. Can you cook?
Yes, I am a pretty good cook, I think. I never had a class or anything, but like most things in life from knitting to car repair, give me a set of instructions and a basic concept and I'm off. I like doing casseroles best, especially vegetarian, because I really like the concept of having everything in one dish, and done all at once. Multiple-dish meals, with the exception of holidays, are a pain. For the same reason, I love making soups out of things I find in the fridge/freezer/pantry. I love to bake, too, and am a cookie connoisseur.
02. What was your dream growing up?
To play football for the Miami Dolphins. Then, to be a vet. Then, to escape my hometown. I got pretty close on most of them; played rugby for 10+ years, got my PhD in biology, and lived in 8 different states in the span of 20 years -- none of them my home state. Not too displeased, in retrospect.
03. What talent do you wish you had?Musical talent. I always asked for music lessons as a child, but my mom always replied that I would be bored. Translated, that means that as the third child, she was done with chauffeuring to lessons. Someday I hope to learn to play the guitar and the drums.
04. If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Non-alcoholic = iced tea, Coke or coffee. Alcoholic = Margarona/Coronarita
05. Favorite vegetable?
Red peppers, squash, cauliflower, sweet potatoes.
06. What was the last book you read?
Zeroes by Chuck Wendig (in print), Burnt Offerings by Laurell K. Hamilton (audiobook).
07. What zodiac sign are you ?
08. Any tattoos and/or piercings?
Yes, a tattoo of an owl on my right hip (30th birthday present), which is now covered by an empty tomb with morning glories. A semicolon with dye splashes around it on the inside of my left ankle. Two normal ear piercings, one in each ear, a cartilage piercing in my right helix, and a #6 grommet in my left earlobe. I used to have a south-of-the-border piercing too, but it became... uncomfortable... when it came time to give birth. It grew back faster than I could get something back in it, so I figured it best left alone.
09. Worst habit?
10. If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
I'd like to think so.
11. What is your favorite sport?Rugby, always. I am too old to play now, but my sons do so I participate vicariously. Used to be running -- I have done 3 1/2 marathons, and my knees remember. So now it's mostly walking with some running worked in.
12. Negative or optimistic attitude?
Optimistic. A far cry from the not-too-distant past. But I do have my downer days too.
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Strike up a conversation.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
Too many to choose from, and too hard to decide if it was really that bad or just a learning experience in disguise.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you.
I grew up in a haunted house, and can sense/identify spirits.
16. Do you have any pets?
Yes. 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 turtles, 1 snake. We have visiting critters in the summer depending on what wanders through the yard.
17. What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
I'd invite you in for a visit and ply you with fiber (ply... fiber... ha!)
18. What was your first impression of me?
Since I don't remember who sent this, I can't say... and probably wouldn't, as I'm trying to become less judgemental!
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Clowns are just... wrong.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
A little of both!
22. What color eyes do you have?
Brown with a touch of green.
23. Ever been arrested?
Almost, but not quite.
24. Bottle or draft?
25. If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Pay off some bills, put some in savings, and go buy a bunch of gift cards to hand out to the local homeless folks.
26. Would you date me?
27. Where's your favorite place to hang out?
28. Do you believe in ghosts?
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Spin, knit, read, hang out with my kids, walk, run, kayak, play softball if in season.
30. Do you swear a lot?
Used to, but not so much anymore.
31. Biggest pet peeve?
Hypocrisy and superiority.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33. Do you believe in/appreciate romance?
Yes -- I'd love some, please.
34. If you could spend 12 hours with me and ask/do anything you like, what would it be?
35. Do you believe in God?